Maintenance Helper, Det’on Cho Management LP
Not availableThis job is not available anymore.
Det’on Cho Management LP is recruiting for a Maintenance Helper to join our vibrant team. Working with our Maintenance Team to ensure that all DCMLP residential and commercial buildings are accessible and well maintained in a safe and effective manner. This position s located in the community of Ndilo, NT and is a full time position.
The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for:
- Reporting directly to the Maintenance Manager daily.
- Conduct routine inspections of facilities including fire equipment and boilers and report any near misses or incidents.
- Perform routine maintenance and minor repairs as required to mechanical systems, HVAC system, boilers and generators.
- Ensure the safety and protection of buildings including ensuring doorways are not blocked and that buildings to facilities are locked when not in use.
- Seasonal grounds/building maintenance (snow removal, de-icing, spring/fall clean up, ect..)
- Filling out take 5’s, daily reports and various other forms as required.
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Have a valid driver’s license, provide a driver’s abstract and medical certificate
- Satisfactory criminal records check is required
- Previous experience as a maintenance person and working with various equipment is an asset.
- Ability to speak an aboriginal language and knowledge of culture is an asset
- Highschool Diploma or Equivalent is considered a asset.
Address901 Sikyea Tili
Yellowknife, NT X1A 2T9
Det’on Cho offers full support and commitment from our management team as well as a rewarding and exciting work environment. If you are a self-motivated achiever with a desire to join a locally owned, growing and vibrant Company, a career with Det’on Cho may be just what you’ve been searching for.