Food Prep Staff, Manndible Cafe
Manndible Cafe is seeking energetic, flexible, motivated folks to join our rockstar staff. We are sustainability focused, small, privately owned, local businesses on Cornell Campus. Featuring local foods + Gimme! Coffee + housebaked pastry + made to order foods + fabulous staff+ happy customers = a rockin' time!
We are seeking Food Prep staff at Manndible Cafe.. As a Food Prep, your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Follow recipe cards to make sandwiches, salads daily
- Keep grab and go case well stocked
- Work with GM on weekly food order
- Follow up with production Kitchen daily
- Communication- know how well things are selling, gathering feedback, sharing with kitchen.
- Place orders for product
- Wash Dishes approx 1-2 hrs/day
- Follow recipe cards to make smoothies as needed
- Prep scrambled eggs
- Catering- able to complete small catering orders, deliver orders near cafe. Coordinate orders with Kitchen.
- Field phone calls related to catering
Now hiring for two Full Time positions.(early morning and afternoon shifts + Sundays.) Starting rate $12/hr + tips+ lunch, unlimited coffee/tea. Candidates must be able to travel to campus easily.
- Must have food prep skills, ideally sandwich making.
- Strong communication skills are vital - this is not an isolated back of the house position.
- High School diploma or equivalent experience required.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Proficiency with computers to be able to receive and respond to job-related communications.
- Ideally, 1-2 years professional kitchen experience or equivalent and demonstrable knife skills.
- ServSafe certification a plus.
- Able to lift 50 pounds.
- Able to stand for long periods of time.
- Able to work in occasional extremes of temperature.
Address260 Tower Rd
Ithaca, NY 14853
Manndible Cafe and Fork & Gavel Kitchen Mission Statement
Our mission is to welcome our community by offering specialty coffee, homemade, affordable meals, snacks,
and other beverages in our quick-serve locations on campus.