Event Bartender, Apex Entertainment Center
Apex Entertainment is looking for dedicated, enthusiastic individuals to join our team!
An Event Bartender is responsible for delivering and serving food and beverage items to banquet guests in a timely, friendly and efficient manner to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Communication is essential as sometimes the plan needs to be adjusted. You will need to listen to our guests and answer questions. Great listening and speaking skills, a friendly demeanor and attentive service are all vital for enjoying their time at Apex Entertainment. All associates are part of the team. You will be working with other team members, servers and culinary staff to provide a great experience. Being clean and neat when serving food and drinks will help create a great first impression to your customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend all pre-event and departmental meetings to enhance communications to understand products, service and flow through the facility
- Set banquet tables to meet function specifications
- Mix and garnish beverages according to recipe and portion control standards
- Present and serve beverages to guests
- Check guests for proper identification and serve alcoholic beverages to guests in accordance with federal, state, local and company laws and regulations
- Accurately total, process and collect payments from guests to include – using the point-of-sale system, handling money, processing credit and debit cards, making change and processing gift certificates, cards and vouchers
- Stock and maintain the bar to include, but not limited to, beer, wine, spirits, paper products, straws and stirrers, condiments, glassware, ice and produce
- Cut, store and ensure product quality of all beverage-related perishables
- Respond professionally to inebriated guests, as needed
- Thank guests for hosting their party with Apex Entertainment and let them know how excited you are for their return
- Break down and reset room
- Provide a full sweep of event space, lay down new table clothes, and restock paper products etc. for next event
- Any additional tasks assigned by management
Come enjoy the fun!
- TiPS Training is REQUIRED
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, professional image and excellent customer service and communication skills
- Willingness and must have availability to work a flexible schedule including weekends and evenings
- Operational knowledge of kitchen equipment – coffee machines, ice machines, dishwashers
- Lift trays, dish racks, glass racks, rotate beer kegs, etc. Up to 20-100lbs
- Bend/kneel to lower level cabinets and lift trays
- Move in narrow areas and between seated guests
- Must be able to stand for 4-10 hours and manage multiple tasks at one time
- Use tact and understanding when dealing with a variety of customer service problems, including stressful and highly emotional situations
- Experience working in the food & beverage and / or hospitality/ events industry a plus.
Address21 Apex Drive
Marlborough, MA 01752
Apex Entertainment, located just off interstate 495 on highway 20, brings excitement with passion and a positive attitude to give you an experience of a lifetime! Apex Entertainment is New England’s largest family entertainment center with several attractions and the Pit Stop Tavern bar and grill, we have something for everyone, visit today!