Indigenous Candidates - Early Childhood Assistant, YMCA of Greater Toronto
YMCA Child & Family Development has provided quality child care in the GTA for over 40 years, and is the largest not-for-profit provider of Licensed Child Care in Canada. With more than 290 locations, we offer a variety of programs for children 0-12 years of age: Early Learning and Care (Infant, Toddler, Preschool, and Nursery); Before and After School Care (Kindergarten and School Age); and Family Support programs.
The contribution of our staff in the delivery of child-centred programs is at the core of our success as a leader in early childhood education. We are committed to providing staff with the opportunity to further develop the knowledge and skills through our YMCA Playing to Learn and YMCA A Place to Connect curricula.
We are looking for committed employees who love working with children and bettering the lives of everyone they meet. This is a great opportunity to earn your Early Childhood Education Certificate while working! The YMCA sponsors employees looking to obtain this certificate.
We look forward to reviewing your application!
Plans and implements consistent child centred programs in accordance with YMCA and provincial standards.
Demonstrates a commitment to children’s learning and is responsive to research.
Understands each child and their family's specific needs and plans for successful outcomes.
Demonstrates appropriate behaviours in line with our Mission, Vision and Values as reflected in our YMCA competencies; takes a member focused approach to increase their understanding of programs offered across the Association.
Represents the YMCA and the Association in a professional manner.
Understands the legal responsibilities and moral imperative to report suspected child abuse to Child Protection Services.
- Well-developed interpersonal, and relationship building skills; ability to establish communicate clearly with members, staff and volunteers
- Great written communication skills
- Commitment to working in a socially inclusive environment responding with sensitivity and personal awareness to the diverse needs of members including visible and non-visible dimensions of diversity
- All staff working with children are required under the Child Care and Early Year’s Act to have a valid standard first aid certification including infant and child cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) prior to the first day of work
- A capacity to work within a team and be part of a large multi-service, charitable Association
- Flexibility regarding assigned working hours, able to work split shifts, early morning and mid-late afternoons
- A successful Police Records Check
Address208 Queens Quay W
Toronto, ON M5J 2Y5
The YMCA mission truly comes to life through the programs and services we deliver in communities across Canada. Everything we do has a single purpose: to improve the health and well-being of Canadians in spirit, mind and body.
We know health is more than just the absence of illness or your physical fitness level. It’s also about your social, mental and emotional well-being. On the surface you may not think of our programs as health programs, but take a closer look, and you’ll see that we are helping Canadians of all ages be healthier in every way.