Host, Wamesit Lanes
Working as a Host, you will be the first and last face our guests see when they enter and exit our restaurant. You must engage each guest as they enter and exit the restaurant and you must be well presented and dressed in business casual attire.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for all takeout orders whether it is over the phone or in person
- Must have knowledge of all menu items in order to take an accurate order and be able to answer any and all guest questions regarding the menu
- Must be personable, organized, helpful and a team player
- A host must be able to help the whole team in all areas of the restaurant: running food, bussing/resetting tables or any other tasks delegated by management.
- Must have superior listening skills and be well spoken. A host must be able to give guests’ their full attention and be able to communicate appropriately if there are any issues
- Must have self-control and be able to maintain composure when it is very busy or there is an issue with a guest. A host must know when to get management involved
- Knowledge of reservation process and how many reservations we can accommodate in a given time period. Must confirm all reservations with guests
- Must be able to control the flow of the dining room by seating tables efficiently without overwhelming the kitchen and running a wait when needed
- Must have the ability to establish and maintain interpersonal relationships with guests
- Must accommodate all guests’ needs whether it be a seating preference, a special request, or food allergy
- Must be able to stand for 6-8 hours at a time
- Must understand the 5/10 rule: smile when a guest is 10 feet away, greet the guest when they are 5 feet away
- Must keep a clean working environment by keeping the floors dry/free of debris and keeping the host area organized
- Must seat guests and present appropriate menus (including any children’s and gluten free), must seat servers in a rotation so all servers receive equal numbers of tables/guests
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent, or currently pursuing one.
- Must be flexible and adaptable to change.
- Experience working in the food & beverage and / or hospitality industry a plus.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Experience working with POS systems a plus.
- Superior cash handling skills.
- Superior phone skills.
- Experience working events a plus.
Address434 Main St
Tewksbury, MA 01876
Donald MacLaren Sr. has been a life-long bowler and always had an interest in bringing an entertainment venture to his hometown of Tewksbury with his son. On February 10, 2014, that idea was born to what is now Wamesit Lanes. The original site of the Motel Caswell where Wamesit Lanes sits, gave the opportunity to thrive in a premiere location. With the help of local contractors, we are proud to say, “we were built by Tewksbury, For Tewksbury”. On November 9, 2015, we celebrated our Grand Opening.
The Wamesit Lanes Family Entertainment Center is a fun, positive, family-friendly destination. We are the first and only luxury candlepin and tenpin center in the world. We offer high quality year-round entertainment for thousands of area residents of all ages.