Assistant Restaurant Manager, Apex Entertainment Center
Apex Entertainment is looking for dedicated, enthusiastic individuals to join our team!
We're currently looking for an Assistant Floor Manager to join our team and help us provide exceptional service to our guests. In this role, you will manage and assist the Restaurant Manager with the daily operations of the restaurant, including selection, development and performance management of employees. You will be expected to manage the day-to-day operational and financial activities to optimize profits and ensure that guests are satisfied with their dining experience. Act as Manager on Duty as assigned.
- Responsible for exceptional guest service in all areas
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date daily plan of restaurant staffing needs
- Work with F&B Director to prepare schedules to ensure that the restaurant is staffed for all shifts
- Facilitates daily pre-meal at the start of every shift scheduled
- Expediently responds to guest complaints, taking any and all appropriate actions to turn dissatisfied guests into return guests
- Works cooperatively and communicates with departmental managers to ensure that guests’ expectations are met and exceeded
- Schedules daily, weekly and monthly side work and cleaning tasks to staff and ensures subordinate supervisory staff is personally verifying completion to departmental standards
- Maintains and ensures proper cash handling procedures are followed to company guidelines
- Any additional tasks assigned by management
- Works with HR to recruit, interview and hire candidates for employment based on the company needs
- Ensures all health and safety restaurant policies and procedures are followed
- Reports complaints and resolution steps to Restaurant Manager & General Manager
- Assists in the assignment of tables in conjunction with listed restaurant reservations
- Enforces sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen and dining areas
- Ensures compliance with operational standards, company policies, federal/state/local laws, and ordinances
- Responsible for ensuring consistent high quality of food preparation and service uniforms, and appearance standards
- Assists with coordinating and organizing private events and acts as a liaison between Events and Operations
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
- Thoroughly knowledgeable regarding menu, food preparation, beer, liquor and wine programs
- Understands wine and food pairings
- Thoroughly knowledgeable in restaurant and beverage operations
Come enjoy the fun!
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong leadership and people management skills.
- Strong multi-tasking, organizational and time management skills to ensure a quick response to guest needs.
- Effective problem solving skills to detect changes in circumstances or events.
- Professional and courteous demeanor.
- Positive team and motivational skills.
- Exceptional personal hygiene and positive representation of the organization to employees, guests and vendors.
- Must be ServSafe certified
- Must be TIPS certified
- Must have completed Crowd Control and Person in Charge certifications
- High School Diploma required or GED equivalent.
- Associate Degree, Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 1-2 years experience working in the food & beverage and / or hospitality industry.
- Strong supervisory and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient with all MS Office Applications.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral format.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, etc.
- Must have a driver’s license or reliable transportation.
- Must be flexible and adaptable to change.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends and holidays.
Address21 Apex Drive
Marlborough, MA 01752
Apex Entertainment, located just off interstate 495 on highway 20, brings excitement with passion and a positive attitude to give you an experience of a lifetime! Apex Entertainment is New England’s largest family entertainment center with several attractions and the Pit Stop Tavern bar and grill, we have something for everyone, visit today!