Dishwasher/Light Prep, Fork and Gavel Kitchen
Not availableThis job is not available anymore.
The Dishwasher is responsible for cleaning and sanitizing all dishes and cookware and assist in maintaining the cleanliness of the kitchen and cafe. This staff member may be asked to assist in occasional food preparation.
In order to be successful as a Dishwasher, employees will need to perform the following tasks according to the standards of professional conduct as outlined in the Manndible/F&G Employee Handbook:
- Clean, wash, sanitize, and put away all tools and silverwares used in the kitchen.
- Check the condition of the dishwasher at the beginning of the shift and report any issues to Managers.
- Remove trash, recyclables, and compostables to appropriate areas.
- Proactively check in with Managers for tasks during slow times.
- Assist in food preparation as directed by chefs and cooks. Food preparation can include (but is not limited to) basic knife work, handling raw and cooked meat and vegetables, and cutting and wrapping pastries.
- Assist in putting away deliveries and keeping storage areas clean and organized.
- Keep workspace clean and help keep kitchen clean and organized.
Pay includes competitive wages and shift meals! Join our great team today!
Reports to: Fork & Gavel Managers.
Schedule: Generally 9:00 am - 4:00 pm Mondays - Fridays.
- High School diploma or equivalent experience required.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Proficiency with computers to be able to receive and respond to job-related communications.
- Able to lift 50 pounds.
- Able to stand for long periods of time.
- Able to work in occasional extremes of temperature
Address524 College Ave
Ithaca, NY 14850
Manndible Cafe and Fork & Gavel Kitchen's Mission is to provide our community with homemade meals, affordable snacks, specialty coffee and other beverages, by a welcoming team in our quick-serve locations on campus.
At Manndible and Fork & Gavel, we strive to be a favorite LOCALLY owned haven and FRESH sustainable eatery. We bake and cook our menu items daily with local sources whenever possible, in our very own kitchen. Featuring many locally grown foods, locally roasted coffee and our own blend, delicious food, and crazy good beverages. Manndible is open 7 days a week during the school year. The Cafe is an extra special find for folks studying and working in and around Cornell University. Open weekdays during the summer. Fork & Gavel consists of an espresso bar "EFG" Express Fork and Gavel as well as our lunch spot- F&G. We focus on feeding hungry Law Students and the people that teach them, support them and the Law School in general. Plus, it's a beautiful building so come by for lunch or an espresso- open M-F. This building also houses our production Kitchen and Catering dept. Doing our share to feed the Cornell Community.
Need some comfort, a home away from home? It really is a lovely place.