Cashier, Glorioso's Italian Market
Family-owned since 1946, Glorioso’s Italian Market is in need of part-time cashiers for our store. We are looking for motivated, dedicated and passionate people to enhance our customer service and grocery sales area.
Tasks for which you will assume responsibility:
- Handle cash transactions with customers using cash registers
- Scan goods and collect payments
- Issue receipts, refunds, credits, or change
- Count money in cash drawer at beginning and end of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct
- Answer customers’ questions and get a manager if answer doesn’t solve the issue
- Greet customers when entering or leaving establishment
- Maintain clean and tidy checkout area
- Bag, box or wrap packages
- Pleasantly deal with customers to ensure satisfaction
*Please note that, while appreciated, the video portion of the application is not required. Not completing the video cover letter will not hurt your chances of being accepted for the position.
- Proven working experience in retail cashier or sales
- Basic knowledge and familiarity with electronic equipment (e.g. cash register, scanners, calculator, etc.)
- Strong communication skills
- Customer satisfaction-orientated
- Ability to work a flexible schedule which may include nights, weekends and holidays.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time.
- Be able to lift up to 40 pounds.
Address1011 East Brady Street
Milwaukee, WI 53202
Glorioso’s Italian Market, is a 71 year old, well established family, Italian grocery store located on the lower “East Side” of Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
The store is primarily an Italian Grocery and Delicatessen, with a reputation for Italian and Specialty Foods that reaches from coast to coast. The store includes Milwaukee's number 1 delicatessen, prepared fresh to go foods, coffee service, bakery, cheese, wine, and spirits.